About The Manor House
The Manor House was built in 1780 as the principal residence of the Duke of Argyll's Oban estate. It was later used as a Dower House for his family.
Of late Georgian architecture, great consideration has been given to preserve the elegance, charm and atmosphere of its past.
The Manor House has eleven bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom. All have been tastefully decorated in the period style but include every modern amenity.
Beautifully Restored Dining Room
The Manor House is particularly known for it's beautifully restored Dining Room which is open both to residents and non-residents each evening. View the Manor House Restaurant menu
Drawing Room and Bar
Informal lunches and drinks are served in the Manor House Bar and lovely Drawing Room which, like the Dining Room, have magnificent views over Oban Bay, the adjacent islands and the mountains of Morvern and the Isle of Mull. View the Manor House Bar sample Lunch Menu
4 Star Scottish Tourist Board Hotel
The Manor House has been awarded 4 Stars by the Scottish Tourist Board.
Freshest Local Produce
Patrick Freytag, our head chef, procures the freshest local produce each day to use in creating his specialties.
The AA has awarded us it's Rosette.
Period furniture and colour schemes bring out the character of this 18th c dower house
Happy New Year from the Manor House
All the management and staff at the Manor House Hotel in Ob...
We loved every minute!!
The S Family, New York City