It’s been a long 9 weeks recovering from what we first thought was a small kitchen fire. Building manager Ronnie Dalgleish directed Oban contractor Owen Hoey repairing the kitchen, two guest rooms and staff accommodation upstairs.
The kitchen is complete and tested. The halls and carpets have all been refreshed and we are ready to open tomorrow Monday 16th July. The 3 rooms, which are at the end of a closed hall, will be finished with complete re-decoration in two weeks.
The fire started when some duck confit ignited. Flames spread to the smoke extractor then into the ceiling and walls above. The Oban Fire Service was quickly on the case and no one was hurt. Smoke was modest and contained in the kitchen and room above.
Our thanks go to manager Gregor MacKinnon, the Manor House staff and the tradesmen who have worked long hours getting everything back into “Manor House Shape”. We appreciate the many calls of support from our Manor House friends and look forward to seeing you soon.
Les & Mags Crane